[sword-devel] progress with 1.7.0 ?

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Tue Jun 4 02:27:17 MST 2013

Putting on my packagers hat, I would ask to just fix critical bugs and
regressions from 1.6 and throw out 1.7.
Create a 1.7 branch and do bugfixes for 1.7 on that and push every new
feature to trunk (or do them in branches that get merged back to
trunk).
As packager Itend to avoid packaging random revisions of trunk, not
knowing what may be broken. But to gt new features of
bibletime/xiphos, you name it, I will at some point need t do just
that.
And adding to this, for interest people stopping by at crosswire.org,
not having a release for about 2.5 years makes sword look abandoned
although it isn't.
Taking off that packagers hat again and moving back to patiently waiting...
Blessings
Mark