[sword-devel] SWORD + Qt better support

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jul 28 10:36:10 MST 2013

Hey guys.  I spent today to try to add a few methods into 1.7.0 before
we push it out the door to ease your (those building Qt frontends)
integration with SWORD.  It's really not much but I wanted to target at
least a minimal Qt app without adding any extra conversion code.  I've
added this minimal Qt app as a sample here:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/examples/qt/

I've done this by adding a few very basic QString conversion methods:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/utilfuns/qt/qtsupport.cpp

I believe I have everything isolated out of the headers with a class
forward declaration of QString, so the headers remain the same when the
engine is compiled with or without Qt support.

You will get linker errors, however, if you try to use one of the Qt
methods and you don't compile the engine with Qt support (alternatively,
you can always include the
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/utilfuns/qt/qtsupport.cpp in
your own project if you have a SWORD binary not compiled with Qt support.

I hope this eases integration for you at least a little.

Troy