[sword-devel] Versifications and verse order

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 4 02:39:01 MST 2013

Maybe the title should have included the phrase "book order".

As is fairly well known, the book order for the Epistles is different in
Eastern Canon than in the Western Canon.
This is just one such peculiarity for the NT.

There is also that odd move of some verses to a different chapter in Romans
in the NRSV when compared to the KJV.

When it comes to the OT & DC books, things can be considerably more
complicated, as others have already noted.

French Bibles are among those in which the descriptive canonical titles are
numbered as verse 1.
Yet we do not have a separate av11n for French Bibles.

The combining of Psalms 9 & 10 into a single Psalm, with subsequent knock on
effects is also worth noting.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalms#Numbering

btw. This is one of the 13 acrostic poems found in the OT.
We are all aware of Psalm 119 being the chief example,
yet Proverbs 31 & Lamentations also have acrostics,
and there are other Psalms which are acrostic too.

David