[sword-devel] bindings/objc build broken

Barnes, Jeffrey jbarnesweb at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 07:59:21 MST 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 9:52:37AM, "Barnes, Jeffrey" <jbarnesweb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm having some difficulty with the build with Mountain Lion, Xcode 4.5.2.
>
> I double-clicked the ObjCSword.xcodeproj file to open it in Xcode. I ran the build. It failed on Lucene dependency. Just to try to get it to build, I removed the lucene define and ran the build again. It failed on the ICU dependency. I removed the ICU define.
>
> Now it fails on the AnalysisHeader step. Here's the last line of the build output.
>
> clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/jbarne200/sword/trunk/bindings/objc/dependencies/clucene/CLucene/analysis/AnalysisHeader.cpp'
> clang: error: no input files
> Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1
>
> Regards,
> Jeff

Also, there are compiler warnings on almost every file. The most common one being like the following:

/Users/jbarne200/sword/trunk/include/stringmgr.h:111:31: Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned int'

etc.

I have a gut wrench every time I see a compiler warning. I have to maintain code at work and one of the first things my boss told me to do was clean up the compiler warnings. I have to encourage the other members of my team constantly to keep trunk pristine. Forgive me if I'm being pedantic, but "Me no like compiler warnings!"