[sword-devel] Trends in mobile platforms

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:42:53 MST 2013

Yes you are correct about QML and Qt. Your program could potentially be
rewritten to use a QML face when the phone is in "Phone UI" mode, and
then revert to the current "desktop" face when the phone was docked,
possibly... though I don't understand how the UI switches from the Qt
Phone UI to the regular Unity UI when it is docked.  I will get your
source code and start looking at it... should I just use the source from
the Ubuntu repos, or is there an upstream somewhere that is more current?

On 01/21/2013 07:28 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> If QML refers to the methods and libraries, etc used by Qt
> development, then your work would integrate well with BibleTime. Our
> application is written in Qt and we would like to eventually separate
> the lower half of our application from the presentation layer so that
> we can target multiple form-factors of applications from a shared code
> base that would handle direct interaction with the SWORD code.
>
> --Greg
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com
> <mailto:israeldahl at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am new to the developers list here, and David has written about
>     the whole reason I have joined.  I have begun familiarizing myself
>     with QML, the language the Ubuntu Phone apps are written in.  I
>     would like to begin work on a sword app for the Ubuntu Phone UI,
>     and as such I thought I should subscribe here, so I can get help
>     if I need it, and see if anyone is already working on that very
>     same idea.
>     -Israel
>

>     On 01/21/2013 05:11 AM, David Haslam wrote:
>
>         Further information at http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone
>
>         David
>

>         --
>

>     --