[sword-devel] Method Name Normalization

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 21 04:49:54 MST 2013

On 01/21/2013 12:28 PM, Nic Carter wrote:
> Is there a reason for this being the abbreviation and not
> "setIntroductions(bool)" and "isIntroductions()"? I find it strange
> that you've fixed up "Lang()" and introduced "Intros()"... But, thanks
> for this change. It was confusing before! :)

Yeah, well.  :)  Here was my thinking on this.  No one says "Lang" as a
spoken abbreviation for Language, but we all use "Intros" regularly.  In
fact-- seeking to justify my behavior-- it looks like google even claims
"intro" as it's own word: https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+intro

:)

> Also, I think you forgot a "const" in echomod.cpp? (one of the tests.)
> I say "think" cause it threw an error for me and then I realised I
> didn't need that in my stuff, so I simply deleted it rather than "fix"
> it..

Fixed.  Thanks for the heads up Nic.

Troy