[sword-devel] local cache of module text

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Jan 8 11:05:40 MST 2013

> > Von: Daniel Hughes <trampster at gmail.com>
> > Am I allowed to pull the text out of the sword module once it is
> > installed (using the sword libs) and put it in my local sqlite
> > database.

The legal rules regarding this kind of activity differ from country to
country.

Here in Switzerland, that would be allowed by law (i.e. without
requiring a license from the copyright holder) provided that that
database is used only for personal (in particular, not commercial)
purposes, and that if you grant access to that db to anyone besides
yourself, they are people in your personal circle (i.e. family, and/or
friends) and they don't pay you for the privilege.

Blessings and greetings,
Norbert