[sword-devel] local cache of module text

Daniel Hughes trampster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:22:38 MST 2013

I have finally found time to start looking at adding sword module support
to Wide Margin (http:\\widemargin.org) again.

And I have a question about copyright and licencing.

Currently Wide Margin uses a sqlite database to store it's bible text. The
database is full text indexed which provides the performance required to
achieve as you type searching. (I do understand sword supports optional
indexing which should achieve the same performance)

Am I allowed to pull the text out of the sword module once it is installed
(using the sword libs) and put it in my local sqlite database. This would
be the lest path of resistance for getting sword module support in my
application. It would also limit the amount of c# swig bindings I will need
(I have enough working to get the text but that's it, the bindings are
proving problematic.)

To be clear the use of the sqlite database would be transparent to the
user. They would install the sword module and then the application would
import the text into it's sqlite database.

I don't want to go any further with the work until I know that this is not
in violation of the copyright/licencing of the modules.

Cheers,
Daniel Hughes