[sword-devel] cmake python

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:36:45 MST 2013

Ben,

I just made a series of commits which further improve handling of
Python builds. They do the following:

1) Move handling of bindings configuration up a directory level so
CMake can include support for bindings other than SWIG in the future
(unrelated to your complaint)
2) Add detection for the Python development headers and libraries that
are necessary. This should leave you and anyone else wanting to build
the library with bindings a little less flustered when Python is
supposedly detected by CMake but not able to build.
3) Adds the ability for the user to optionally define
SWORD_PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR which will be passed as an argument to --home
when setup.py is invoked.

These are in the tip of SVN. Let me know if they resolve that problem
for you. I haven't had a chance to get your ICU fix worked out, but
that's next on my list.

--Greg