[sword-devel] KJV update

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:55:14 MST 2013

Hi DM,

I'm looking at it for how it displays in BPBible. Mostly it seems to show
up fine.
At the moment the code I had in place actually shows the tr greek text
links, though it doesn't know what to look them up in (there's no
dictionary matching the tr: scheme, right?).
I think I'll make it ignore them for now. It would be nice to have a common
way with non-strongs type lemmas to:
1) have them togglable with options (on a class by class basis? what would
you label this for tr: - TR? Greek?)
2) have some way to look them up in dictionaries

However, one change I did notice was that you've swapped the order in at
least one place of a q and a paragraph marker so that in the new KJV
module, the <q> contains the paragraph marker:
<q marker="" who="Jesus"><milestone marker="¶" type="x-p"/>

Was this a deliberate change? This doesn't work with BPBibles code as-is
(though I could probably get it to work with a little more hacking). In
general, BPBible:
1) turns pilcrows into paragraphs
2) floats whitespace before verse numbers

At the moment, the paragraph tag doesn't float out before the verse number
due to the <q> tag. This ends up with the awkward situation where the
previous line ends with the verse number and then the verse actually starts
on a new line.

Also, in BPBible at least words of Christ are done with span tags, and
having the <p> inside a span doesn't really work and the highlighting goes
missing.

Quite possibly other frontends don't try and tweak the text like this and
so aren't affected.

This isn't causing any problems, but I'm interested in the <chapter> tag
which now shows up in v0. e.g.

<chapter chapterTitle="CHAPTER 1." osisID="Rom.1" sID="gen1730"/>
<title type="chapter">CHAPTER 1.</title>

Is there any expectation this will be used? Does it need to be retained
here (seeing as <title> is there too)?

God Bless,
Ben
 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)