[sword-devel] MinimumVersion property in module.conf files

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Aug 6 08:41:09 MST 2013

The pre-verse div should be ignored as a div. It probably should have been a <milestone> element. It should not confuse the SWORD engine.

osis2mod 1.6.1 had the pre-verse div. It is not new w/ 1.7.0. It was supposed to work with SWORD 1.6.1, but it did not. From what I can tell 1.7.0 does work properly.

The form of OSIS in the module should be thought of as proprietary and intermediate, understandable by the SWORD engine. That you can see it via mod2imp is helpful in debugging osis2mod and the SWORD engine. It certainly is not our recommended best practice for writing an OSIS file, which should avoid milestoned elements as much as possible.

The <div sID="pv1" type="x-milestone" subType="x-preverse"/> indicates the start of the content that is stored in the index as part of the verse but should come before the verse.

The <div eID="pv1" type="x-milestone" subType="x-preverse/> indicates the end of the content that should come before the verse. This is the important element as it indicates the position that a verse number should appear.

These preverse markup is only needed for canonical verses, and not for verse 0.

Hope that helps.

In Him,
	DM