[sword-devel] MinimumVersion property in module.conf files

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Aug 6 07:59:30 MST 2013

As Chris noted, this is a clue to a frontend that the module might not work as expected. What a frontend does with that can vary.

The MinimumVersion, at least in part, is a handshake between osis2mod and the SWORD engine as to whether a module built by osis2mod has features that a particular version of SWORD supports.

The pre-verse stuff has been a problem since the last release. Supposedly that release had proper support for the pre-verse div, but it did not. SWORD 1.7 will have proper support. So any module built with the current osis2mod should have 1.7.0 as its MinimumVersion.

Also, if the av11n table is new within a release, that module should have the MinimumVersion of that release.

If the av11n table is modified for a release, then the module should be rebuilt and the MinimumVersion set to be for that release. Hopefully once modules are in the main repository this will never happen.

In Him,
	DM