[sword-devel] bindings/objc build broken

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Apr 23 22:48:20 MST 2013

Hi Jeff,

the objc bindings are maintained by Manfred & (to a MUCH lesser degree) me, but a lot of how they work is for them to work in Eloquent or PocketSword. In fact, I don't think they (the version in SVN) have been updated to work with the latest SVN of SWORD, so you would get a ton of warnings if you were to compile them? (but that's based on my memory of updates, and I could be wrong?)

If you could explain what you're trying to achieve, perhaps I can point you in the right direction?
Personally, I would update your machine to 10.8.3 and go from there. Unless there is a good reason to stay on Snow Leopard? However, the scripts don't seem to work on my 10.8.3 machine. :/
Do you need to be compiling for PPC? If not, I wouldn't compile from the Terminal, but instead in Xcode.
Are you compiling for use on OS X or iOS?
Also, when you are using these scripts, it will use the clucene build that you created in the build_clucene folder, and (hopefully) ignores any others on your system.

Hopefully we can get something going for you so you can play around?

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iOS Bible Study app
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pocketsword
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078