[sword-devel] Sword support of indents and line breaks

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Apr 12 07:03:54 MST 2013

On 4/12/2013 6:01 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Can the people involved in this discussion suggest the desired OSIS
> encoding for your example, and the desired XHTML output from this OSIS
> through the osisxhtml filters, and I will place this into our testsuite
> OSIS document and add a test to be sure we generate the desired output
> for you.

So... assuming we do not immediately and broadly implement my suggestion
of indenting all paragraphs, we could copy the x-indent attribute that
David notes is used in the ESV. I suspect the ESV uses these for poetic
lines, not paragraphs, but it should work fine for paragraphs.

usfm2osis.py does not employ x-indent, so there won't be a clash with
different semantics. (usfm2osis.py does emit x-indented-1, etc. for
block indented paragraphs, but that's slightly different.)

So, we might take OSIS:

and generate XHTML:

And add some CSS to the header section:

.indent