[sword-devel] Sword support of indents and line breaks

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Apr 12 03:29:31 MST 2013

On 4/12/2013 3:13 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> My only disagreement with Chris is around this sentence:
>  >(Again, I would argue that all paragraphs should be indented
> I think this is an Americanism. Here paragraphs are usually skipped.

It can vary by genre, but I think if we limit ourselves to paragraphed
Bibles, they are generally indented in Europe as well. I just checked
three Bibles printed in Europe (a New Cambridge Paragraph Bible printed
in the UK, a facsimile of a UK-printed edition of Brenton's LXX
translation, and a 1984 Lutherbibel printed in Germany), and all have
indented paragraphs. The two modern printings don't indent paragraphs
that begin a new chapter or pericope, but that's fine. We already have a
style for that, i.e. whatever USFM \m becomes.

--Chris