No subject

Mon Nov 12 12:59:54 MST 2012

permission had already been obtained to distribute (and redistribute) ISV
and any additional revisions.

~A

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Andrew Thule <thulester at gmail.com> wrote:

> Come now Peter, don't be so quick to find fault.
>
> The Crosswire repository currently contains version 1.5 of the ISV
> module.  Nic's question was asking about the inclusion of the OT in that
> module.  The Crosswire site doesn't say anything about the status of this
> module, and Nic's question seems to suggest he was not aware Crosswire was
> prohibited from distributed a later versions of this module.  His comment
> was specifically asking about the ISV with OT included suggesting this was
> already  direction that was being pursued.
>
> I was trying to extend an offer to help (as a volunteer).  I certainly
> wasn't aware that permission hadn't been obtained to distribute the ISV
> with the OT, and the fact the ISV is already distributed with the NT
> suggests (perhaps incorrectly) that permission has been already obtained.
> Once Chris made it known that Crosswire has no such permission to
> distribute newer versions of the ISV I did exactly as Chris asked.  So what
> infraction have I committed now?
>
> Respectfully, if every time a newcomer or volunteer's offer is met with
> criticism or controversy the treatment of newcomers and volunteers in this
> group is going to appear somewhat suspect and unwelcoming.  It's a very
> good way to drive people away from a project.  If my lack of awareness of
> this prohibition on the ISV is why you're asking me to leave - that says
> much about this community.
>
> Now that I know Crosswire doesn't have permission to distribute versions
> of the ISV other than the one currently in the repository, I'll respect
> that.  If others feel as you do, that outside contributions are unwelcome
> here - I will kick the sand from my sandals and leave
>
> ~A
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM, refdoc at gmx.net <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Andrew, this is now quite enough. Please desist posting further onto our
>> list. Your presence is undesired
>>
>> Sent from my HTC

--047d7b15b047763d7104d2683aa7

check the isv.conf file which says this:<br>DistributionLicense=3DCopyright=
nf file at least, any reasonable person would conclude that permission had =
already been obtained to distribute (and redistribute) ISV and any addition=
al revisions.<br>
l_quote">On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Andrew Thule <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:thulester at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">thulester at gmail.c=
re repository currently contains version 1.5 of the ISV module.=A0 Nic&#39;=
s question was asking about the inclusion of the OT in that module.=A0 The =
Crosswire site doesn&#39;t say anything about the status of this module, an=
d Nic&#39;s question seems to suggest he was not aware Crosswire was prohib=
ited from distributed a later versions of this module.=A0 His comment was s=
pecifically asking about the ISV with OT included suggesting this was alrea=
dy=A0 direction that was being pursued.<br>

y wasn&#39;t aware that permission hadn&#39;t been obtained to distribute t=
he ISV with the OT, and the fact the ISV is already distributed with the NT=
 suggests (perhaps incorrectly) that permission has been already obtained.=
=A0 Once Chris made it known that Crosswire has no such permission to distr=
ibute newer versions of the ISV I did exactly as Chris asked.=A0  So what i=
nfraction have I committed now?<br>

fer is met with criticism or controversy the treatment of newcomers and vol=
unteers in this group is going to appear somewhat suspect and unwelcoming.=
=A0 It&#39;s a very good way to drive people away from a project.=A0 If my =
lack of awareness of this prohibition on the ISV is why you&#39;re asking m=
e to leave - that says much about this community.<br>

swire doesn&#39;t have permission to distribute versions
 of the ISV other than the one currently in the repository, I&#39;ll respec=
 that.=A0 If others feel as you do, that outside contributions are unwelcom=
e here - I will kick the sand from my sandals and leave<span class=3D"HOEnZ=
b"><font color=3D"#888888"><div class=3D"gmail_extra">
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:refdoc at gmx.net" target=3D=
"_blank">refdoc at gmx.net</a> <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:refdoc@=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px=
 solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

desist posting further onto our list. Your presence is undesired<br><br>Sen=
From: &quot;Andrew Thule&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:thulester at gmail.com" t=
arget=3D"_blank">thulester at gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>To: &quot;SWORD Developers&=
#39; Collaboration Forum&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sword-devel at crosswire.=
org" target=3D"_blank">sword-devel at crosswire.org</a>&gt;<br>

div><div>I made it available here only in response to this request ..<br>

ass=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Chris Little <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:chrislit at crosswire.org" target=3D"_blank">ch=

left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Andrew, this document is =
copyrighted. We do not have permission to distribute it. You certainly and =
absolutely do not have permission to distribute it, much less to distribute=
 it and claim that we have permission to distribute it.<br>

Remove it immediately.<br>
--Chris<div><br>
On 1/3/2013 9:37 AM, Andrew Thule wrote:<br>
order-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div>
I believe there&#39;s an OSIS file that contains both testaments ... I can<=
br>
forward it if it helps this effort.<br>
There are least two versification problems (I haven&#39;t bothered to<br>
address yet)<br>
INFO(V11N): 1Sam.11 is not in the KJV versification. Appending content<br>
to 1Sam.10.27<br>
INFO(V11N): Rev.13 is not in the KJV versification. Appending content to<br=

Rev.12.17<br>
I&#39;ve placed a mod based on this OSIS file in my repo if anyone interest=
ed:<br>
Repository: 1XO<br></div>
Host: <a href=3D"http://ftp.1xo.net" target=3D"_blank">ftp.1xo.net</a> &lt;=
/1xo/pub/sword/betaraw<br>
~A<br>
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Nic Carter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:niccarter@=
&lt;mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:niccarter at mac.com" target=3D"_blank">niccarter=
@mac.com</a>&gt;&gt; wrote:<br>
=A0 =A0 Hi Team :)<br>
=A0 =A0 I was wondering where we were at with updating the ISV to include<b=
r>
=A0 =A0 both the OT &amp; NT?<br>
=A0 =A0 There was some chatter here about a year ago about it, but it<br>
=A0 =A0 sounded yuck, given we needed to convert the text from a Word<br>
=A0 =A0 document... =A0:/<br>
=A0 =A0 Thanks, ybic<br>
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0nic... =A0:)<br>
=A0 =A0 &lt;mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:sword-devel at crosswire.org" target=3D"_=
el</a><br>
=A0 =A0 Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page<br>

et=3D"_blank">sword-devel at crosswire.org</a><br>