[sword-devel] New Arabic Sword Commentaries

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 14:13:33 MST 2012

Hi Pola

I presume this are Father Malaty's commentaries, which we discussed a while back? This is brilliant news!

If so, USFM facilitated OSIS conversion is not a good way as the commentaries are not verse by verse but have many overarching bits and then verse by verse material too. These can be nicely expressed in OSIS, but not in USFM.

We do have routinely two module markup formats which are suitable for commentaries: ThML and OSIS. In principle ThML is for commentaries often easier, but there are as far as I remember some problems around localised references. This would be a huge problem. So OSIS it is, unless someone tells us that I am very wrong.

Peter