[sword-devel] Which is the best font for rendering Hindi script?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:24:46 MST 2012

When I selected the *HinERV* module in Xiphos v3.1.5 (Windows), it was
obvious that the default fault was unsuitable.

I therefore selected *Linux Libertine Normal* as the module font, and this
reads fine, but for one peculiar aspect.

With relative font size +2 or below, some of the verse numbers are
superimposed in the text.
With relative font size +3 or above, this display problem did not present
itself.

If Xiphos developers can reproduce the problem, by all means add this as an
issue in the Xiphos tracker.
I'm reluctant to do so, because the module hinerv.conf file does not even
specify a font.
Hence the wording of the subject for this message.

David