[sword-devel] Musings about the Cherokee NT module

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 1 11:34:46 MST 2012

Hi Greg,

If all we wanted to achieve is the capitalization of proper names for the
transliteration, the back conversion wouldn't be needed.
We could even make a Cherokee Latin module, were we so inclined.
/Aside - I've even actually made one for myself, but without any uppercase

It only becomes relevant were we to go the whole way to restore the original
with proper names and sentence starts having 20% enlarged Cherokee syllabary
as observed in the PDF file I downloaded from Google books.

Does this answer your question?

Remember - these are musings that emerged from pursuing my curiosity much
further than I'd normally do.

For me it was what I learned during the process that's important, yet
something significant has emerged.
Namely that a detailed inspection of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee_syllabary brought to light:

(a) the potential for inaccuracies arising for theoretical a round trip
(b) confirmation from the Cherokee NT text that this was real, not just
(c) a demonstrable method to workaround this weakness

The Wikipedia page is something I edited while I was engaged in this line of
In particular, this section.
was added.

Best regards,