[sword-devel] First post (hey everyone, God bless you)

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sun Jan 1 04:16:17 MST 2012

On 01/01/12 08:56, brian wrote:
> Happy New Years!
>    The website said to just dive in and say hello, I am happy to be
> starting out in  working with Sword. I just wanted to give a short
> introduction.
Brian ....  Happy new year to you!  It's wonderful to hear from someone
who has so much to offer to the project.  The folk here are from a very
diverse range of views, traditions and theological positions, so
generally we seem to avoid theological discussion here - after all, this
is a technical list.  One thing that binds us together is definitely a
very profound faith in the one true God.  There are very diverse views
on the nature of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the doctrine of the Trinity
....  people who have a Unitarian stance are as welcome as orthodox
Christians to contribute their time to the project.  I think God honours
our differences.

 From a technical point to view, I'm sure one of the project leaders
will say 'please'.  The vast majority of development is in C++, and the
Sword Engine and the main Linux and Windows frontends are entirely C++.
I think if I were you, I would try all the frontends and decide which is
a personal favourite, then take a look at the needs of that section of
Sword.  BibleTime, Xiphos and the Sword Project for Windows are all in
need of help .....  perhaps others too ....

I hope we see a lot more of you!

God bless,        Barry

--
 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com