[sword-devel] Speech synthesis voices?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 27 05:18:44 MST 2012

When I mentioned "/Wired For Sound/", it hardly occurred to me to recall that
it was released as long ago as 1981.  The Sony Walkman was first marketed in
Japan during 1979.

So this is not new! We're more accurately thinking of the "old generation".
Younger than I am of course, but not by any stretch of the imagination new
to the "new generation". It's almost /de rigueur/ for many people nowadays
to be walking about, jogging, riding or driving while wearing earphones to
listen.

So let's think beyond the fixation on text being read from a display screen,
good as that is, and be more in tune to the people who'd like to hear God's
Word as well.

David