[sword-devel] OSIS book abbreviations for Sword updated

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Aug 27 04:53:34 MST 2012

Thanks for the heads up. I'll update JSword accordingly. Let me know if you think I should wait a bit for greater stability. I'm guessing that the Paratext abbreviations are reasonable abbreviations for user input?

Regarding the possibility of objections of inclusion: To me an osisID is of value if it might be in a SWORD module that conforms to BCV addressing. To SWORD and JSword it is just a normalized name that has robust lookup. Until it is part of a canon*.h (or JSword's equivalent) it is not of much use to a front-end.

In His Service,
	DM