[sword-devel] Speech synthesis voices?

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:11:20 MST 2012

How at the system level currently does the application differentiate
an active pane from an inactive one (based upon mouse-clicks)?  I'm
asking in ignorance incidentally.

It seems to me most applications, including Bibletime and Xiphos have
a 'sense' of active window vs inactive.  When I click on a window and
select the 'up and down' arrow, different things happen depending upon
which pane the application has 'active'.  With respect to text to
voice synthesis, shouldn't behaviour be the same?

If the active pane is the bible pane, the bible text is what should be
spoken.  If the commentary pane is active it should be the commentary
one.  Which presupposes that application developers provide some
accessibility feature that allows them to switch between panes
(windows) etc, be it keystroke or some other methods.

*shrugs*
~A