[sword-devel] Alternate Versification question

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:37:11 MST 2012

Thanks Chris.

Here's an English Septuagint versification system, based upon the text
I got from Michael  and compared to a number of printed version.  The
Chapter order doesn't quite follow the KJV or NSRV convention, but it
does follow the Septuagints order.

I appreciate it if you could add this so we can get an English
Septuagint module out.  I worked on this weekend quickly because I've
seen you reference you're working through another one, and I wanted to
get it in on your timeline.

One question - I stuck with the names listed in the abbrevs.h and I
understand that the short forms as markers.  So for example the
Septuagint calls the Prayer of Azariah the Song of the Three Children
(in Greek) and Breton translate it as such - yet the marker will be
PrAzar.  I have no issue with that, but how do I now influence the
appearance of the book names (however the program deals with them).

I see this can be done in locales, but is that the right place for it?
 I'd like to keep the Greek influenced names - since the original
language was Greek.  I.e.
Esias for Isaiah
Jermias for Jeremiah
Osee for Hosea