[sword-devel] Ubuntu 12.04 ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 23 01:57:48 MST 2012

On 23/04/12 02:46, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> I wasn't aware, but you'll have to be more specific: What sort of
> dependency conflicts? What does apt-get complain about?

Specifically, the packages offered under 12.04 use libsword8 for
BibleTime and libsword9 for Xiphos.  If BibleTime is installed first,
apt-get gives:
~$ sudo apt-get install xiphos
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
   libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common libsword-common libsword9 xiphos-data
Suggested packages:
   sword-text
The following packages will be REMOVED
   bibletime libsword8
The following NEW packages will be installed
   libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common libsword-common libsword9 xiphos xiphos-data
0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/5,108 kB of archives.
After this operation, 5,543 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Continuing (obviously) kills BibleTime.  If the process is done
installing Xiphos first, apt-get refuses to replace the later libsword
with the earlier one and fails to install.  It is clearly a packaging
problem - we just need a packaged version of a later build of BibleTime.

God bless,        Barry.

--
 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com