[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 21 12:59:48 MST 2012

I have 2 weeks off back home in Phoenix at the beginning of May and
hope to push out a new release of SWORD.

Can people speak up regarding any outstanding issues so I can start
planning.

o	I know we are at an odd place with trunk osis2mod and current filter
sets.  Any update or news on that?

o	This is the first thread which supports the new XHTML filters, though
they are mostly just a stub right now.  I think I converted Words of
Christ over to use a span and maybe a couple other tags, but they were
meant for the frontends who would like to use them to begin XHTML-izing
them.  Any frontend develops up for morphing these things into something
you'll commit to use and collaborate with the other frontend developers
to be sure they are happy with the results, as well?  Collaboration is
important on this one.

o	We had a bug regarding size limits somewhere in the z drivers.  The
original author of these hasn't been around for a while.  I can look
into this, but I don't have much of an advantage over others on this
one.  This would be a good bug to track down if you'd like to start
getting your feet wet deep in internals of the engine code.

o	We still have an outstanding bug report with TOP going to Malachi or
something like this in a certain Bible module (I'm old and have
forgotten the details on this one.  I think we talked about it in
#sword.  I couldn't find a message thread)

I'll scan the bug tracker, so be sure every issue you know about is
entered there: http://crosswire.org/bugs

But also be loud if you don't see your favorite bug fixed or talked about.

Thanks for any constructive help you can lend for this release!

Troy