[sword-devel] Some questions about the WEB module

John Zaitseff J.Zaitseff at zap.org.au
Wed Apr 11 15:11:15 MST 2012

Hi,

I have some questions about the WEB (World English Bible) module in the
SWORD repository:

1. Who is the maintainer of this module?  The conf file does not list
   anyone: it just lists the upstream source (www.ebible.org).

2. Is that maintainer planning an update of the module?  I notice the
   current upstream release was dated 5th April, 2012, just a few days ago.

3. Does that maintainer release the finished OSIS text somewhere, or does he
   or she simply use usfm2osis.pl (since the upstream WEB is in USFM
   format)?  If so, where is that OSIS file?

4. If the answer to (1) is Unknown, or the answer to (2) is No, would there
   be objections to doing the work myself, with the results released to the
   SWORD module repository?

5. I note from the Wiki that usfm2osis.pl has limitations and/or bugs.  I
   also see (from the sword-tools Subversion repository logs) that
   usfm2osis.pl is currently being maintained by one chrislit.  Who is that?
   If I manage to rework the script to eliminate the limitations, will my
   patches be accepted?

I have looked around the Wiki and elsewhere on the 'net, and could not find
the answers to the above questions.  Hopefully, someone may be able to help.
Thanks in advance!

Yours truly,

John Zaitseff

--
John Zaitseff                    ,--_|\    The ZAP Group
Phone:  +61 2 9643 7737         /      \   Sydney, Australia