[sword-devel] [sword-support] Video tutorials

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Apr 4 06:01:53 MST 2012

On 03/04/12 19:36, DM Smith wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder. Those that post to sword-support have an expectation of privacy. When we cross-post to sword-devel and don't remove the user's name and especially their email, we don't meet that expectation.

Thanks for the reminder.  I asked Gary a couple of questions and I copy
his reply below.  The idea of good video instructions seems good to me.
We are a bit weak on the documentation front at times.  His site is
worth a visit to view his theology.  American Prosperity Gospel (to
which I don't personally subscribe).

Gary's website and videos are totally Windows oriented, which rules me
out as a video volunteer, but I do think the concept of a video along
the style he uses is a good one.  Anyone want to go for it?

Quoted e-mail follows: "I came here:  http://crosswire.org/index.jsp
Then here: http://crosswire.org/applications.jsp
Then here: http://crosswire.org/sword/software/biblecs/
Then here: Installation Instructions

Let me show you what can be done. I paid a young man $500.
I paid $1,000 for this: http://www.garynorth.com/public/department154.cfm
Each video must be in two parts (1) gee whiz; (2) easy as pie. The first
shows one useful function. It takes 30 seconds. The rest of it shows how to
do it. Whole video: 3 minutes, max.

Rehearse it a few times. Then record it.

Narrate what you are doing as you do it. Use a lapel mic:

Use screencasting software: www.screencast-o-matic.com.

Create a YouTube channel. End the videos with a link back to your site.

Do a separate series for each OS."  End quotation.

God bless,        Barry.

 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See
http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and
http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com