[sword-devel] Fwd: win ce 6

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Sep 9 02:42:21 MST 2011

On 08/09/11 22:30, Chris Little wrote:
> Shouldn't it work under VC++ Express? I believe MS got rid of their
> old `embedded' IDEs a while back and integrated that functionality
> into standard VC++, which is of course now available in the free
> `express' flavor.
The latest free versions are for Vista and Win 7 only, so no good to me
as I only have XP available.  However, I do have the installer on a CD
for the last XP friendly version (I think it was Embedded 4).  I'm away
from home now until October.  When I get back, I'll take a look and see
if I might be able to get anywhere with it.  I might try the up-to-date
version and see if it will run under Wine - (unlikely).

I can at least make a cab file from the binaries Konstantin sent me.  I
have a commandline script for making installable cabs from binaries back
home.  I will be nice to take a look again, but it really needs for
someone with up-to-date Windows to take it on, and now that I have
entirely migrated to Ubuntu, I'm never likely to be upgrading.

God bless,        Barry

 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See
http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and
http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com