[sword-devel] Fwd: win ce 6

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Sep 7 23:10:16 MST 2011

On 07/09/11 22:37, Greg Hellings wrote:
> I just want to throw this out there:
> SwordReader is not at all supported at present.  Currently I am
> maintaining the the website only for historical reasons.  If you or
> anyone else involved here would like to take over the project, I'd be
> happy to hand over the website.  And probably many WinMo users would
> be happy to have it maintained again.
I second that!  It was a nice little app still have an old pocket pc
running Win Mo 5 and it is still useful.  As I am the last developer
connected to the project, I still try to give what support I can - hence
the query - but as I no longer run Windows I can't do any work on it.
Also, David Trotz ported it to the very expensive Microsoft Studio IDE
and it could no longer easily be made to build with the free 'Embedded
C++' IDE which I had carried out previous work on.  If anyone wants to
take it up, I can offer a bit of help finding your way around the code.
For everyone's information the person who raised the query has given up
and taken his new device back for a refund.  He says it is ridiculously
slow anyhow and he will be buying something else.  Thanks all of you for
offering suggestions here.

God bless,        Barry.

 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See
http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and
http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com