[sword-devel] Fwd: win ce 6

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Sep 7 23:10:16 MST 2011

On 07/09/11 22:37, Greg Hellings wrote:
> I just want to throw this out there:
> SwordReader is not at all supported at present.  Currently I am
> maintaining the the website only for historical reasons.  If you or
> anyone else involved here would like to take over the project, I'd be
> happy to hand over the website.  And probably many WinMo users would
> be happy to have it maintained again.
I second that!  It was a nice little app still have an old pocket pc
running Win Mo 5 and it is still useful.  As I am the last developer
connected to the project, I still try to give what support I can - hence
the query - but as I no longer run Windows I can't do any work on it.
Also, David Trotz ported it to the very expensive Microsoft Studio IDE
and it could no longer easily be made to build with the free 'Embedded
C++' IDE which I had carried out previous work on.  If anyone wants to
take it up, I can offer a bit of help finding your way around the code.
For everyone's information the person who raised the query has given up
and taken his new device back for a refund.  He says it is ridiculously
slow anyhow and he will be buying something else.  Thanks all of you for
offering suggestions here.

God bless,        Barry.

--
 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com