[sword-devel] EMTV text source URL is now unrelated

troypulk troypulk at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 19:40:13 MST 2011

Hello,

I received a reply back from Paul today and he said that the RED Letters
were okay to use.

All I know is that the 2004 Emtv module at Sword right now has red lettering
so I continued to use it. But I have removed the RED letters of Mark 1:11
because it was not Jesus speaking.

Also that he will send me updated 2011 Logos and Emtv bibles tomorrow in
Word Doc. Chris do you want me to e-mail them to you or someone else?

>Supporting him is one thing. Making extra work for yourself, entirely
>another. :) Converting from PDF or trying to meld a PDF into a text
>basis will always be more work than the worst Word doc conversion.
>
>I hope you spotted that the HTML version lacks italicization entirely. I
>could see that being lost, depending on what you exported from the PDF.

Yes, I realize that now but I'm 70% done and it's too late to turn back ;-)

Yeah, I saw right away that the Italics were gone, so I have been adding
them manually, plus Paul has changed the text so many times that the 2011
version is different than the 2010, the Italics were different too.

Actually, I converted the HTML from majoritytext.com straight to text then
to osis, then I converted the 2011 PDF to text. I used both of these text
files in the program Meld to find the differences, which were very many.
using meld as a guild I'm updating the osis emtv xml. I tried to convert the
PDF to OSIS but from what I found out it was not possible.

I know I'm probably doing it the hard way but it works for me and I'm almost
done.

Okay, I'll get the permission e-mails together and send them to Troy G.

Troy P.