[sword-devel] Bibtex for modules

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun May 8 14:18:14 MST 2011

On 14/01/11 19:14, Daniel Owens wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 12:48 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>> Datum: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:32:44 -0500
>>> Von: DM Smith<dmsmith at crosswire.org>
>>> * The construction of a Bibtex entry looks error prone. Having a web
>>> page that can construct an entry from input would be good.
>> I think I would go one step further - we should have a conf file
>> generator somewhere.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> I think this is an excellent idea! I wish I could write it because it
> would make module submission easier.

A few weeks ago, I have created a conf file generator (confmaker.pl)
which is in sword-tools. It is a perl script which analyses a given OSIS
text and creates a conf file from it. It looks for certain tags and
creates the relevant OSIS filter options and creates some other entries.
Basically a conf file created with it works, but would always benefit
from some human interaction and augmentation.

To move on from here towards bibliography enytries we need to get some
clarity re direction of bibliography entries.

I do not really care about the exact format (though I still think bibtex
or some xml-ish format would be fine), but - whatever - I do propose to
restrict our support to a few important entries:

Title
Author, Translator, Editor
Publisher
Year of original publication
Place of original publication
Electronic publisher (i.e. CrossWire, Xiphos, etc)

Anything I forgot?

Peter