[sword-devel] imp2vs patch

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 04:15:59 MST 2011

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 02:35:57 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com>
> An: sword-devel at crosswire.org

> I've not looked at the patch, but how does it know which (new) booknames
> are
> what?

Magic, pure magic.... :-)

It takes a valid locale. So you still will have the work to create a valid locale - but considering that this will assist you in all kinds of ways (working xrefs, imp2vs) during module making and later (part of successful translation of the frontends), I think this is less pain than to correct a whole large imp file.

And you do not need to wait for a new locale to become available via release, but simply copy the locale file into your locales.d/ directory.

Peter