[sword-devel] Nice example of audio integration with Bible text

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:08:45 MST 2011

I was at a conference two weeks ago, and one of the contacts I made during
personal networking times was a representative for
http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/ Faith Comes By Hearing .

This ministry  http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/official-partners partners
with many other organizations to bring God's Word as audio recordings to
nations who hunger to hear about Jesus.

Please visit their website, and think & pray about this suggestion.

It would be a real advance for the Gospel, if software could be developed to
integrate audio recordings with Bible text with proper synchronization,
especially if this could be done on mobile platforms.

The possibilities for some collaborative venture with CrossWire would have
considerable potential to increase the effectiveness of our expertise in
bringing Biblical text to many platforms.

It's one of those ideas that needs teams of people with the right skills and
the time available, to make something of wider appeal (in terms of oral
cultures with some basic literacy level) in bringing the Gospel to the new
generation.

Yours in Christ's service,

David Haslam