[sword-devel] Font size specification inside <divinename></divinename>

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 04:09:27 MST 2011

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> Just some clarification required:
>
> There are four places in ./filters where DivineName is somehow being
> dealt with
>
> There is a GBF filter gbfosis.cpp - I think we can safely ignore that.
>
> There is the big OSIS to HTML filter osishtmlhref.cpp - this is important
>
> There is osisplain.cpp - and I do not know who or what is using this
> filter.

OSIS plain is probably used in places like search (where searching the raw
words is important).  I'm pretty certain BPBible is using it in its search,
and certainly the LORD displays in all caps in the (text) short verse
preview (and in small caps in the full verse preview).

And the there is osistrf.cpp - again I would propose to ignore that.

> Is this correct?
>
> Is there any other place one needs to look for the rendering of divineName?

 Probably not relevant to your question, but I'll add it for completeness:
the remaining place doing any processing is any sub-classes applications may
have.  These are outside SWORD code, and so cannot reasonably be controlled
for (as I have said, the BPBible one just spits out <span
class="divineName"> anyway).

I'm inclined to agree with you about the lack of importance for ongoing
development of GBF -> OSIS and OSIS -> RTF.

Jon