[sword-devel] Fwd: Re: Removing XULRunner from oneiric - call for help

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 19 23:55:33 MST 2011

On 06/19/2011 01:55 PM, Matthew Talbert wrote:

>> Is Xiphos going to be able to switch away from xulrunner in time to
>> stay in Ubuntu Oneiric Alpha 2?

> What's the deadline? I see he mentions the end of this week as a
> deadline for at least saying we're taking responsibility, but when
> do we have to have it done?

The Ubuntu Oneiric Alpha 2 release is scheduled for July 7th.  Debian
Import Freeze (after which getting stuff in takes a manual sync) is June

And someone (Dmitrij?) has to package and test the new Xiphos, after the
Xiphos developers are done developing... so time looks pretty tight.

BTW I see Xiphos just got a "serious" bug in Debian related to failing
to build with Iceweasel 4.0, which I think is possibly related.  See

I just now asked that a new Bibletime package of 2.8.1 be accepted into
Debian unstable to close a build issue for it, incidentally.