[sword-devel] Looking for vpl reference

Mike Hart just_mike_y at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 19:48:17 MST 2011

FYI:

I created the RVR2011 module via windows from Angel's file, in the way I do it (prepend the verse reference to each line.)  I see no missing space characters
 in BibleTime with the completed module.  It looks complete with the
spaces.  I don't read Spanish, but I believe the encoding is the same without any changes.
That is, the special characters in Gen 1-5 look similar to me in the
book reader compared to what I see in jEdit with UTF8 encoding (the coding the file came to me.)

The module he sent me
(verse numbers only leading each row) should compile without issue on windows. I just have some validation
built into my process that I wanted to do.

This reproduces what I discovered in 2008: The linux vpl2mod script only handles English alphanumeric characters well.. It chokes on quotation marks for me.  The windows version is far more robust (no issues with encoding or special characters that I know of.)

Also, it is important to note that the windows version is now the archaic windows version. When planning to use the windows version of VPL2MOD, note it needs to run in win 3.11 through windows 98 or a Windows 95 or 98 compatibility mode in XP. As far as I know, it won't run at all on windows Vista (or Windows 7?)

If I'm feeling energetic tomorrow, I might try to note this in the wiki somewhere.