[sword-devel] Alternate Versification for (Protestant) French Bibles?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:21:28 MST 2011

Given my careful observations about the *canonical Psalm titles* in French
Bibles, that they can occupy either
(a) only part of verse 1, or
(b) all of verse 1, or
(b) both verses 1 & 2

The questions arises as to how this should be properly marked up in a USFM
source text?
i.e. Using the tags *\d* and *\v* ?

The documentation in the USFM reference for the *\d* tag provides
insufficient help here by way of example.

Then, once we get clarity for USFM, we need to decide how usfm2osis.pl
should process it.

David