[sword-devel] av11n repo timeline?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:30:50 MST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM, David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com> wrote:
> See recently added section:
>
> http://crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification#Front-end_support_for_av11n_.3F
>
> In theory, there are several aspects to consider when looking at front-end
> application support for alternate versification:
>
>   1. Can the module be installed at all, without causing the application to
> crash?

If installing any module causes the app to crash, that is a bug in the
app (or engine) plain and simple.

>   2. Can an installed module with av11n be properly displayed with all of
> its content? Or with only some of its content?

With all means av11n is supported. With some means it's not supported.

>   3. Can the application readily navigate to books and chapters that are
> outside the default v11n?

How is this different from #2?

>   4. For av11ns with a different book order, can the module be scrolled in
> the defined av11n book order?
>   5. Can the application display two or more modules with different
> versifications in parallel mode (or as an interlinear view) with proper
> alignment of the text content?

Nothing supports this, as there is no such structure at present which
even provides this ability, at least that I'm aware of, and thus it is
a moot point.

So, we're down to the same answer as I gave earlier:
BibleTime, MacSword2/Eloquent and PocketSword support av11n.
Nothing else does, at least according to the wiki, which somehow
claims Xiphos does support it, which it does not.

--Greg