[sword-devel] av11n repo timeline?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:32:19 MST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 23:45 -0500, Greg Hellings wrote:
>> Well as for current status I know BibleTime is ready for it and Xiphos
>> is not.
>
> Xiphosw is using it well enough to not crash. I think this applies to
> all current libsword applications. It is just that some parts of a
> module are less accessible or not accessible

"Does not crash" is a very low quality metric for declaring support.
If a user installs a "KJV+A" module into Xiphos or the like and can't
access Baruch through any of the keynav materials, I'm fairly sure
that user would not declare "Well, it's good the program did not
crash. This is the UX I was hoping for. I will highly recommend this
application to my friends."  More likely they would say, "Wow, this
doesn't support the Apocrypha like it said it does. I'm going to
report a bug or simply give up on this software."

> JSWORD in turn at the moment does not use the repo refresh.
>
> So, to be honest I see no reason whatsoever to keep the av11n repo out
> of circulations

I would say that at least wait for those front-ends that use the
refresh functionality to add support - Xiphos and BibleCS, minimally.
I didn't realize JSword was so far behind that it couldn't even see
the refresh list.

--Greg