[sword-devel] Unusual markup in the Treasury of David

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:55:42 MST 2011

I'm looking into interesting display problems in BPBible 0.5 with the TDavid
module.  When it comes to the section of "Hints for Pastors and Laypersons",
it sometimes seems to display a bullet / number, then put the text on the
next line.  The module is ThML, and I include a sample from Psalm 55:7:

A few interesting things to note:
1. This is obviously intended to be an ordered list, since it ends with an
"ol", but because it does not start with one it is bulleted, not numbered
(other verses are numbered).

2. The markup is highly presentational.

3. List items are self-closing.  I'm not sure I've ever seen this in HTML
before.  Usually the <li> would surround the content of the list items.

All these constructs are faithfully passed through the HTML filters.  Is
this formatting what was intended, or is it just one of those things?

Jon