[sword-devel] Module Display Names

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:31:53 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Ben Morgan <benpmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I've used in BPBible in a few places is Name - Description (i.e. ESV -
> English Standard Version). The abbreviation at the start (hopefully) means
> that if the rest is cut of it shouldn't matter too much.

I think this is a good pattern, though I might have switched their
order myself, or only given the abbreviation if the two Descriptions
are identical.  I was thinking of a precedence like:
1) Description, if present
1.1) If Description is not unique, combine with one of the below
2) Abbreviation, otherwise
3) Name, otherwise

I know that Description is listed as a "Required" element, but if it
were absent, having fallbacks is a good idea.

--Greg