[sword-devel] Module Display Names

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:45:42 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Ben Morgan <benpmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is the Description field for long names and Abbreviation for an
> abbreviated form (an alternative to using the module name in theory). Not
> sure what frontends if any support Abbreviation though.

Description is overkill and probably not fit for display in a module
selection widget - a description for the module would go something
like:
"Dr. Doe's classic commentary on the book of Galatians from 1977.
Widely praised for its scholarliness and ecumenical appeal, Dr. Doe's
classic continues to have 21st century appeal..."
BibleTime will display this if I ask for it, but I don't want to force
my module users to right click on the name, or hover over it, every
time the need to distinguish module SL_CM_GAL_NIG from SL_CM_GAL_BG or
whatever.

And abbreviation is exactly the opposite (and redundant) of what I'm
looking for.  SL_CM_GAL_NIG is already the abbreviation, the name of
the .conf file and should be the value inside of [Name] according to
the specification.  I need a field where I can put "The Epistle to the
Galatians" and have it display to the user (maybe along with the
author's name to differentiate between two identically named books),
but still be a valid conf file.

--Greg