[sword-devel] Bibtex for modules

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Jan 11 18:57:36 MST 2011

On 12/01/11 01:00, Chris Little wrote:

> I think keeping BibTeX would be great, but I'd like to encourage us to
> also adopt CSL (http://citationstyles.org/), which is used by a few
> different programs, including Zotero.

Fine by me - any format really will do, as long as it is reasonably wide
spread and accessible.

> I'd also recommend we figure out a way to do everything via scripts and
> auto-generate BibTeX and CSL entries with a nightly cron job. We can
> fill out additional .conf entries, as necessary, to make the automation
> easier.

That sounds great. As said though in my last post - I am worried about
adding confusion with added entries - particularly if partially
redundant in info. I did a run through my own modules to create a
rudimentary bibtex bibliography and found the data created needed a huge
amount of editing before it became useful. But maybe simply some serious
discipline will do the job.

Peter