[sword-devel] Win32 sword utilities updated

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:57:56 MST 2011

Chris wrote,

"If it's the same error message, it still means your system isn't finding
the VC++ 2010 redistributable. It's possible that you need the x86 version
instead of the x64 version, since the utils are compiled for Win32 (not
64-bit). I would assume the x64 redistributable package includes support for
both, though. You might need to restart."

I have since installed the x86 version, and confirm that this solved the
missing DLL issue.
I can now use osis2mod: $Rev: 2671 $

Thanks for advice and help.

It would seem that the x64 redistributable package does NOT include support
for x86.
Remiss of Microsoft not to mention this.

This might be worth a mention in the wiki page.
http://crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:Modules#Collect_and_Install_Software_Tools
I will see to that.

David