[sword-devel] Win32 sword utilities updated

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Dec 8 07:56:49 MST 2011

If it's the same error message, it still means your system isn't finding
the VC++ 2010 redistributable. It's possible that you need the x86
version instead of the x64 version, since the utils are compiled for
Win32 (not 64-bit). I would assume the x64 redistributable package
includes support for both, though. You might need to restart.

Greg's build wouldn't need the VC++ redistributable since it wasn't
built in VC++.

There won't be any differences in the handling of any Unicode, since
both builds use the same version of ICU. Furthermore, I can't see how
there would have been any issues with Myanmar script handling at any
time recently. The 1.6.2 build of the utilities used ICU 4.6, based on
Unicode 6.0 data. And there haven't been any changes to the Myanmar
block since Unicode 5.2's release a couple years ago.

--Chris