[sword-devel] apostrophes in locales

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Apr 15 13:32:54 MST 2011

IIRC, the apostrophe and hyphen were added to SWORD as part of book name
recognition as a result of those threads. I don't know if it was since
the last release.

I didn't look at the implementation, but I think that when trying to
recognize a name it will keep going if the next byte matches a prefix in
a name. If so, it handles even more than that.

But, I think there is a test case for SWORD to test Bible book names. If
so, it could be really easy to find out. Either way, testing is better
than speculating. :)

JSword probably can handle an apostrophe but cannot handle a hyphen,
periods and non-leading numbers. Its recognizer needs to be updated.

In Him,
     DM