[sword-devel] Using Perl script usfm2osos.pl in Windows?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:21:45 MST 2011

David,

I haven't used usfm2osis.pl, but are you sure it is capable of
handling multiple files at one time anywhere? Usually the file glob is
expanded by the shell (at least in the Unix world) so the program will
actually receive multiple distinct arguments expanded out to match
each file in the glob. I thought Windows operated the same way.
Perhaps usfm2osis.pl is designed to be executed in a loop? From bash
they are very easy to write:
for file in $(ls *.usfm); do usfm2osis.pl $file; done

Additionally, if you operate in Windows and are actually doing
anything of consequence on the command line with Perl programs, you
should probably switch to using Cygwin or MSYS as they will behave
more reasonably than cmd.exe does. Cygwin will also have its own
version of Perl available for your use and should behave the same as
usfm2osis.pl.

--Greg