[sword-devel] Using Perl script usfm2osos.pl in Windows?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:01:25 MST 2011

Can anyone help?

CrossWire utilities written as Perl scripts such as usfm2osis.pl seem to be
designed for Unix users only!

This utility does not work when given with a wildcard to specify the USFM
files.

It does work, however, for each individual USFM file when each
case-sensitive filename is specified exactly.

I suspect that all such Perl scripts do not contain any code for
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glob_%28programming%29 globbing  Windows
filename wildcard patterns.

I'm not a Perl programmer. What is needed is for someone who is both a Perl
programmer and familiar with using Perl in the Windows environment to
improve all such scripts such that they are no longer a stumbling block for
users who prefer Windows.

btw. I have ActivePerl installed in my PC.

David Haslam