[sword-devel] Sword 1.6.2 NOW!

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 14 11:42:49 MST 2010

I know for sure that Fedora (a few F11+ i think) Debian (squeeze+) and
Ubuntu (well Karmic+ if you consider PPA or Lucid+ from main archive)
are all patched.

This is way to small for a bugfix release (I'd rather see more
personally). This issue was not present a the time sword 1.6.1 was
released, curl was the culprit. Just this bugfix is not worth a
branch, a release, nothing. It was widely discussed on this mailing
list, the patch is readily available from svn, most distributors have
applyed it, and it doesn't affect statickly linked builds which are
used (as far as I know) on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS (all of these
together probably outweigh desktop distribution based Linux).

This particular fix has been deployed in one of the OBS project for
OpenSUSE users.

I cannot comment about any source based distros as I don't follow
their development.